Carl T. Johnson Hunting and Fishing Center Announces Programs for May
The Department of Natural Resources’ Carl T. Johnson Hunting and Fishing Center in Cadillac has announced its programs for May. The center is located next to William Mitchell State Park on M-115.
The programs for May include:
- Float Fishing on Saturday, May 3, from noon to 2 p.m.
- Morel Mushrooms and Other Edibles with Heather Hallen Adams on Saturday, May 10, from noon to 2 p.m.
- Boater Safety Class on Saturday, May 17, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pre-registration is required and can by done by calling the center at 231-779-1321.
- Memorial Day Weekend Programs on Saturday and Sunday, May 24 and 25. On Saturday, there will be a Nature Discovery program on Michigan snakes with Jim McGrath on 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.; Pellet Gun and Archery Range Shooting from 3 to 5 p.m.; and Float Fishing from 6 to 8 p.m. On Sunday there will be a Wetland Wonders Nature Walk from noon to 2 p.m.; Indoor Laser Shot Shooting Simulations and Sportfishing Simulations from 3 to 5 p.m. and Pellet Gun and Archery Shooting from 6 to 8 p.m.
- On Saturday, May 31, the Archery Range will be open from noon to 2 p.m. There will be Float Fishing from 3 to 5 p.m. and Pellet Gun Ranging Shooting from 6 to 8 p.m.
All activities are free, and no Motor Vehicle Permit is required to visit the Carl T. Johnson Hunting and Fishing Center. The center is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. from May 1 to Nov. 30. It features several displays on Michigan wildlife, hunting, fishing and Native Americans. The center is universally accessible.
For more information on programs at the center, please call 231-779-1321.
Great Lakes, Great Times, Great Outdoor
The DNR is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state’s natural resources
for current and future generations.