Interesting Facts About Montana’s Fishing Access Sites
- FASs that allow camping = 105. An overnight camping fee is only charged at 53 of them.
- FASs fully ADA accessible = 50
- FASs located on lakes and reservoirs = 50. The remaining are on streams & rivers.
- Largest FAS = Thompson Chain of Lakes at 2, 290 acres
- Smallest FAS = Roche Jaune at 1.0 acre
- Boat Ramps = 95 are concrete, 72 are gravel
- Fish Cleaning Stations = 1, Rock Creek FAS on Fort Peck Reservoir
- The guide to Montana’s Fishing Access Sites is available online at fwp.mt.gov and from all FWP regional offices. The guide includes details such as the FASs where camping is allowed and maps.