Fish and Game Sets Meetings On Wolf Hunting Rules
The Idaho Department of Fish and Game has scheduled a series of public open house meetings around the state to get comments on proposed seasons and rules for Idaho’s first ever wolf hunting season.
Meetings have been set in all seven Idaho Fish and Game regions.
Panhandle Region: Meetings begin at 7 p.m. For information call 208-769-1414. Send comments to Idaho Fish and Game, 2885 Kathleen Ave., Coeur d’Alene, ID. 83815.
- Tuesday, May 13, at Sandpoint Community Center, 204 First Avenue, Sandpoint.
- Wednesday, May 14, at Silver Lake Motel & Convention Center, 6160 N. Sunshine St. Coeur d’Alene.
- Thursday, May 15, at St Maries Federal Building, 7th & College, St. Maries.
Clearwater Region: Meetings begin at 6 p.m. For information call, 208-799-5010. Send comments to Idaho Fish and Game, 3316 16th Street, Lewiston, ID 83501.
- Monday, May 12, at Fish and Game, 3316 16th Street, Lewiston.
- Tuesday, May 13, Senior Center, County Road, Grangeville.
Southwest Region: Meetings run from 4 to 7 p.m. For information contact Nampa office at 465-8465 or the McCall office at 634-8137.
- Wednesday, May 14, at Fish and Game, 555 Deinhard Lane, McCall, ID, 83638.
- Thursday, May 15, at Fish and Game, 3101 S. Powerline Road, Nampa, ID, 83686.
Magic Valley Region: Meetings run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For information call 208-324-4359. Send comments to Idaho Fish and Game, 319 South 417 East, Jerome, ID 83338.
- Monday, May 12, at Fish and Game, 319 South 417 East, Jerome.
Southeast Region: Meeting begins at 7 p.m. For information call, 208-232-4703. Send comments to Idaho Fish and Game, 1345 Barton Road, Pocatello, ID 83204.
- Monday, May 5, in the Wood River Room of the Pond Student Union Building at Idaho State University.
Upper Snake Region: For information call, 208-525-7290. Send comments to Idaho Fish and Game, 4279 Commerce Circle, Idaho Falls, ID 83401.
- Thursday, May 8, 7 to 9 p.m. at the Ashton Community Center.
- Monday, May 12, 4 to 8 p.m., at Fish and Game, 4279 Commerce Circle, Idaho Falls.
Salmon Region: Meetings run from 4 to 7 p.m. For information call, 208-756-2271. Send comments to Fish and Game office, 99 Highway 93 N., Salmon, ID 83467.
- Tuesday, May 13, at Challis Middle School, Challis.
- Thursday, May 15, at Fish and Game, 99 Highway 93 N., Salmon.
Detail about recommended seasons, quotas and rule are available on the Fish and Game Website at: http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/public/.
Comments on the proposed seasons and rules may be submitted at regional public meetings or mailed to regional offices; they may be submitted at the Fish and Game Website at: http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/public/; or they may be sent by mail to Wolf Hunting Rules, Idaho Fish and Game, P.O. Box 25, Boise, ID 83707.
The 2008 Idaho Wolf Population Management Plan sets direction for wolf hunting seasons. The plan includes four alternatives for season dates for consideration. Proposed harvest quotas for each wolf management zone also will be on display. The plan calls for managing wolves at a population level between 500-700 wolves for the first five years following delisting.
Details for the fall 2008 hunting season are scheduled to be set by the Idaho Fish and Game Commission at the May 21-22 meeting, and brochures should be out to the public in July.
Individuals with disabilities may request meeting accommodations by contacting Fish and Game at 208-334-5159 or through the Idaho Relay Service at 1-800-377-3529 (TDD).