Dry Weather Sends Riders to ATV Parks

No Gravatar

Warm, dry weather is a welcome sight to Iowa’s All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) and Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) park users. The parks are drying out and opening for business which is attracting riders, including riders from outside of Iowa.

All ATVs and dirt bikes must be registered in order to ride in Iowa’s eight ATV/OHV parks, including those from out of state. Nonresidents are required to purchase a user permit and will need to provide the VIN number on the machine and the make and model to register ATV.

A permit may be purchased from any hunting and fishing license retail sales agent and costs $16.50, and costs $16.75 from the county recorders. The user permit must be attached to the rear of the ATV so that it is clearly visible.

The permit is valid until Dec. 31.

Iowa has eight All-Terrain Vehicle and Off-Highway Motorcycle Riding Areas around the state. For the latest information, go to http://www.iowadnr.com/law/atv/index.html.

For more information, contact Rhonda Fowler, with the DNR’s snowmobile and OHV program, at 515-281-3208.