Ohio State Parks Road Safety “BLITZ” Begins Memorial Day Weekend
Summer Program Targets Enforcement of Road Safety Laws
COLUMBUS, OH – Ohio State Parks, in partnership with the Ohio Department of Public Safety, will conduct seat belt use surveys and focused enforcement of traffic laws in selected state parks this summer. The traffic safety “blitz” campaign will begin with the Memorial Day weekend and continue on selected weekends throughout the recreational season.
State park officers will be on the lookout for speeders, drunk drivers, reckless operators and those in violation of Ohio’s seat belt laws.
Targeted state parks are: Alum Creek (Delaware County), Buck Creek (Clark County), Caesar Creek (Warren County), Cleveland Lakefront (Cuyahoga County), East Fork (Clermont County), Hueston Woods (Preble County), Lake Milton (Mahoning County), Maumee Bay (Lucas County), Mohican (Ashland County), Mosquito Lake (Trumbull County), Portage Lakes (Summit County), Salt Fork (Guernsey County), and West Branch (Portage County).
The schedule of the enforcement programs is:
- Memorial Day weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday, May 23-25);
- Schools Out (Friday and Saturday, June 13-14);
- Fourth of July weekend (Friday and Saturday, July 4-5);
- Dog Days of summer (Friday and Saturday, Aug. 1-2);
- Labor Day weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 29-31)