2008-09 Deer Permit Application Process Begins Soon
LITTLE ROCK – Permit applications will be available for zone and WMA doe quota, youth, archery, modern gun and muzzleloader deer hunts on several AGFC wildlife management areas and deer zones throughout the state.
Applications may be picked up at Arkansas Game and Fish Commission offices, license dealers around the state or by applying online at www.agfc.com beginning June 1. The deadline for applications is July 1.
There are a few changes for the 2008-09 season:
*Dagmar WMA is now Sheffield Nelson Dagmar WMA. Madison County WMA is now McIlroy Madison County WMA. Some application codes have changed because of these name changes.
- The number of permits for Winona WMA has increased to 200.
- A permit youth hunt has been added for Prairie Bayou WMA.
- A second hunt has been added to the Holland Bottoms WMA muzzleloader season with 100 permits available per hunt.
- The bag limits for Hope Upland WMA and Trusten Holder WMA have changed.
- The number of available Doe Quota Permits has been increased in zones 3, 6, 7 and 8.