South Carolina Saltwater Fishing Trends – 7/7/2008
Fishing trends courtesy www.SCFishingReport.com. Check the site for recent updates and detailed reports.
- Cherry Grove Pier: Whiting are biting well. Spots are also biting well and a few pompano were also reported. Use live or cut bait such as shrimp or mullet for all.
- Springmaid Pier: Whiting are still biting well. Pinfish and blues are also biting. Use shrimp or other cut bait such as mullet. Several Spanish mackerel were reported.
- Myrtle Beach State Park Pier: Whiting and blues are biting well. A few pompano are being caught. Use live or cut shrimp. Average size Spanish mackerel are still biting well. Use Gotcha plugs.
- Apache Pier: Flounder are biting the best now. Nice 4-and 6-pounders were reported using live mud minnows or shrimp. Blues and Spanish mackerel are biting well on incoming tides. Blues will take shrimp. Spanish are hitting gold hooks.
- Surfside Pier: Flounder are biting well on mud minnows. Some are in the 4-pound range. Blues are hitting live menhaden under a float.
- Garden City Pier: Nice whiting and a few blues have been reported. Use shrimp. Spanish mackerel are biting jigs.
- Folly Beach Pier: Several reports of nice black drum biting live shrimp. Sheepshead will bite barnacles and fiddler crabs. Spadefish are hitting shrimp.