Register Now For Idaho Hunter or Bowhunter Education Course
Is your child planning on hunting this fall?
Seats are available at several hunter and bowhunter education course scheduled July through September throughout the Lewiston area.
Students can view a list courses being offered and register online at http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/education/hunter_ed or visit the Clearwater Regional Office at 3316 16th Street in Lewiston.
“Waiting until school starts can cause problems,” said James Reed, hunter education coordinator for the Idaho Department of Fish and Game (IDFG). “Our instructors teach the majority of classes in the spring, and there are often conflicts with school sports in the fall.”
Anyone born after January 1, 1975, must complete a hunter education course to buy an Idaho hunting license or show proof that they previously held a valid hunting license in Idaho or another state.
Hunter and bowhunter education classes are available online through Fish and Game’s website, but all students who choose this option must also register for and participate in an Independent Study Field Day to complete the course.
Hunter education courses offered include:
- Independent Study Field Day (Internet or Workbook students), July 26.
- Independent Study Field Day (Internet or Workbook students), August 9.
- Hunter education course, August 11-23.
- Independent Study Field Day (Internet or Workbook students), August 23.
- Hunter education course, September 8-13.
- Hunter education course, July 31 to August 19.
Bowhunter education courses include:
- Independent Study Field Day (Internet students), August 9.
- Bowhunter education course, August 15-16.
- Independent Study Field Day (Internet students), August 23
- Bowhunter education course, July 19.