Mississippi Dove Field Rules and Regulations
- Hunting allowed only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays after 12:00 PM.
- Hunting will be allowed during the dates of September 1-21, 2008 and October 3- November 9, 2008 for dove zone 1 and September 1-14, 2008 and October 11-26, 2008 for dove zone 2.
- Hunters must hunt from a designated stand on Sept 1 and Sept 3. A hunter’s permit number will be their stand number for these two days. Hunters may be able to hunt from any designated stand location on a first come first serve basis on any hunt date after Sept 3.
- No more than two shooters per stand, of which only one may be an adult. Two youths may be able to hunt from a stand but only under the direct supervision of a non-hunting licensed adult, 21 years old or older. One limit of doves is allowed per hunter per day.
- Any hunter under the age of 16 years old is considered a youth and must be under the direct supervision of a licensed adult, 21 years old or older.
- No shooting at low flying birds. All rules of gun safety must be followed.
- No littering. All spent shotgun hulls must be picked up and removed.
- Vehicle parking will be in designated areas only.
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed.
- All State and Federal laws will be enforced and must be followed.
- Any unsafe act or violation of any of these rules and regulations can lead to loss of hunting privileges on any MDWFP Private Lands Dove Field Program field.
Dove Field Permit Types and Costs
Dove field permits may be bought in your name or in the name of another licensed hunter. If multiple permits are bought in your name, you may be able to take guests hunting on those extra permits. The person whose name is on the permit must be on the field hunting while his guest(s) are hunting. Example: A person who may want to take different persons with them on different hunts would want to purchase multiple permits in their name. If any of these guests would want to be able to go to the field on their own, they would need to buy their own individual permit.
During the online purchasing process, permit ownership may be changed prior to the close of the sale. Once the sale is final, permits are not transferable or refundable.
Permit Type 1 – Individual Field Permit
Allows a person to hunt a reserved stand in an individual field on opening weekend (see rule #3) and that same individual field for the entire season. (Price as listed)
Permit Type 2 – Dove Club Permit with Opening Weekend Privileges
Allows a person to hunt a reserved stand in an individual field on opening weekend (see rule #3) and that same and all other dove fields after opening weekend. ($200.00)
Permit Type 3 – Dove Club Permit without Opening Weekend Privileges
Allows a person to hunt all dove fields after opening weekend only. ($150.00)