Celebrity Quail Hunt Event Features Shooting Sports, Fishing, Golf
SPRINGFIELD, ILL. – The Illinois Conservation Foundation’s 15th annual Celebrity Quail Hunt on Nov. 2-4 will feature quail and pheasant hunting, guided fishing opportunities, boat tours of Rend Lake, golf, and a variety of shooting sports competitions at the Rend Lake Resort complex in Franklin County.
“The Celebrity Quail Hunt is the Foundation’s most popular event every year, and we’ve added golf, fishing and other outdoor opportunities to our opening day schedule for participants to select from,” said Illinois Conservation Foundation executive director Greg Legan. “We invite former and new participants to join us and experience what the Rend Lake Resort area has to offer while supporting our many youth hunting and education programs.”
This year’s Celebrity Quail Hunt activities include:
Sun., Nov. 2 –
- Sporting Clays, Trap and Five-Stand Shooting
- Competitive Shooting including “Make a Break,” “Flurry Machine,” “Bird Walk,” “Fun Shoot”
- Crappie fishing, with boat, guide, equipment, and fish-cleaning furnished
- Crappie fishing from the docks at Rend Lake Resort with prizes awarded
- A pontoon tour of Rend Lake
- Eighteen holes of golf at Rend Lake Golf Course or the Franklin County Country Club
- Wine tasting at the Pheasant Hollow Winery
- Quail Hunt Celebrity pairings reception and dinner
Mon., Nov. 3 –
- Morning Quail Hunt
- Afternoon Pheasant Hunt
Tues., Nov. 4 –
- Breakfast and departure
Individual hunt packages including activities, lodging, meals, refreshments, and shells are $600. The Illinois Conservation Foundation is an IRS 501 (c)(3) approved organization. A portion of the cost of an individual hunt package is deductible for federal income tax purposes.
For reservations or more information, contact the Illinois Conservation Foundation, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702-1271, or phone 217/785-2003. Please make reservations by Oct. 24.