Minnesota DNR Announces 2009 Grant Applications Now Available
Applications are available now for grants that help local governments, organizations, and individuals throughout the state partner with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) to fund a variety of conservation projects.
This round of grant applications are for 2009 projects such as:
- acquisition of natural and scenic areas
- remediation fund projects
- local trail connections and federal recreation trail projects
- regional trail creation (outside metro area)
- fishing pier and public boat accesses projects
- Metro Greenways land protection and restoration projects
- Metro Greenways community conservation assistance projects
- community forest bonding
- aquatic invasive species prevention.
Although funding amounts for some of these programs is uncertain at this time, it is anticipated that both federal and state funds will be available during 2009. Initiating the application process now provides more time for DNR staff to assist in developing project ideas and for project completion.
Grant application information is available on the left hand side of the DNR Web site under “Find it Fast” at www.mndnr.gov. For more information, contact the grants staff listed in the program descriptions.
To obtain the application packet by mail, write to: Local Grants Program, Minnesota DNR, Office of Management and Budget Services, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155-4010.