S.C. Watercraft Service Fees Increase Effective
New watercraft service fee increases will begin Dec. 11, 2008. The fee increases were incorporated into the boating bill recently passed by the S.C. General Assembly. The revenue generated from the fee increase will help cover S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) administrative costs of forms, decals and other operation expenses.
Fees that will increase include:
- Duplicate Watercraft Registration Card – increases from $1 to $5
- Duplicate Watercraft Decals – from $1 to $5
- Duplicate Outboard Motor Decals – from $1 to $5
- Late Fee for application to Title/Register or Registration Renewal – 31-60 days $15; 61 or more days $30. Late fee applies to expired registrations, failure to transfer or title and register watercraft or outboard motors with five horsepower or greater within 30 days of the transaction date.
Notification of Address or Ownership change:,
- Change of Address – was 15 days and now is 30 days
- Change of Ownership – was 15 days and now is 30 days
DNR protects and manages South Carolina’s natural resources by making wise and balanced decisions for the benefit of the state’s natural resources and its people.