Public Meetings Scheduled for January Regarding Hunting Regulations for 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 Hunting Seasons
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division will hold eight public meetings across the state to accept public input on the development of hunting regulations for the 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 hunting seasons. Proposed changes to hunting regulations will be considered by the Board of Natural Resources in May 2009. Those interested are encouraged to bring these meetings to the attention of others that also may be interested in participating.
All meetings will begin at 7 p.m. on the following dates and at the following locations:
- -January 5: Lakeview Events Complex, Clayton County International Park, 2300 Highway 138, SE, Jonesboro
- -January 6: Baxley City Hall, 282 East Parker Street, Baxley
- -January 6: Lumpkin County Parks and Recreation Building, 365 Riley Road, Dahlonega
- -January 7: Greene County Agricultural Extension Building, 1180 C. Weldon Smith Drive, Greensboro
- -January 7: Roquemore Conference Center, Georgia National Fairgrounds, 401 Larry Walker Parkway, Perry
- -January 8: Goodrue Auditorium, Memorial Building, Dalton State College, Dalton
- -January 8: Terrell County Governmental Building, 955 Forrester Drive, Dawson
- -January 8: Armstrong Atlantic University Center, 13040 Abercorn Street, Savannah
Any participant at a meeting may present data, make a statement or comment, or offer a viewpoint or argument, either orally or in writing. Statements should be concise to permit everyone an opportunity to speak. Participants must register upon arrival and notify the registering official of their intent to give a statement. Those unable to attend a meeting may submit written statements by Jan. 16. Statements should be mailed to:
Georgia Department of Natural Resources,
Wildlife Resources Division, Game Management Section,
Attn: John Bowers,
2070 U.S. Highway 278, SE,
Social Circle, Georgia 30025
These meeting sites are accessible to people with physical disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Brandon Anderson at (770) 761-3044 no later than Dec. 31.
For more information on the scheduled public meetings, visit the Wildlife Resources Division Web site at www.gohuntgeorgia.com or contact the Hunter Services at (770) 761-3044.