Colorado Seminars help hunters with 2011 hunting plans
Wildlife managers will answer questions and talk about changes for the 2011 hunting seasons. Presenters will also explain the Division’s preference point system and offer tips for obtaining highly sought-after limited licenses for deer, elk, pronghorn, and other big game species.
“Our goal is to help new hunters get in the field and give veteran hunters access to the information that will make them successful in the limited draw,” said Dan Prenzlow, southeast regional manager.
Seminar attendees will learn about whitetail-only seasons, late pronghorn opportunities and landowner draws. Presenters will also cover more complex topics such as the Division’s “hybrid” draw system.
The meeting dates and locations are:
· Sat., March 12; 6 p.m., Kiowa at the Elbert County Fair Grounds/Ag Building (95 Ute Ave.)
· Sat., March 19; 6 p.m., Ellicott at the Ellicott Community Building (23355 Hwy 94)
· Tue., March 22, 6 p.m., Calhan at the Town Hall (556 Colorado Ave.)
· Sun., March 27; 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Canon City at the DOW Hunter Ed Bldg. (Hwy 50 West)
· Fri., April 01; 6:30 p.m., Buena Vista at Sangre de Christo Electric (29780 N US Hwy 24)
· Sat., April 02; 2 p.m., Salida at the DOW office (7405 US Highway 50)
The deadline for submitting applications for limited licenses for the 2011 season is April 5. All deer, pronghorn, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, moose, and many elk hunting licenses are limited. Over-the-counter big game licenses (where available) go on sale in July and any limited licenses left over after the draw go on sale in August.
Hunters seeking more information about hunting licenses and seasons can find useful information on the DOW web page at: http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/SeasonDatesAndFees/RegulationsBrochures/.
To learn more about hunting in Colorado, call your local DOW office.