September 3, 2003
Volume 33, Number 246
Division of Water Resources
Contact: John Barndt, Water Supply, phone:
or Melinda Carl, Communications, phone: (302) 739-4506
Citizens Source Water Protection Committee to Meet Sept.
The Citizens and Technical Advisory Committee (CTAC) of the Source Water
Assessment and Protection Program will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 10 in
the second floor conference room of the Department of Public Safety building
Agenda items include:
- Recharge potential map publications and status of source water
- Status of Source Water Protection Best Management Practices Manual;
- Status of source water projects;
- Mercury in ground water investigation;
- Updating of ground-water availability reports;
- Public comment and question and answer session.
Delaware's Source Water Assessment Plan was approved by the U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency in 1999. The program is charged with
delineating source water areas around all public water supply wells and
surface water intakes in the state, identifying all existing and potential
sources of contamination within those areas and making the information
available to the public.
Currently, 310 of 541 assessments are in final draft or are completed. All
are to be completed by Dec. 31, 2003. Many can be accessed on the source
water web site at http://www.wr.udel.edu/swaphome/index.html
For additional information, contact Doug Rambo or John Barndt, Water Supply
Section, (302) 739-4793.
Click Here To Return To The Previous Page