image linking to 100 Top Bass Fishing Sites image linking to 100 Top Saltwater Fishing Sites image linking to 100 Top Fly Fishing Sites image linking to 100 Top Walleye Sites image linking to 100 Top Small Game Sites image linking to 100 Top Birds and Waterfowl Sites
You are currently viewing the old OUTDOOR CENTRAL.COM website ARCHIVES.  For the latest in hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation related news, and an ALL NEW experience, including user friendly navigation, search capabilities, an Outdoor Central Video Network, and more, be sure to visit our NEW WEBSITE, located at    Visit the new, improved website, you'll be glad you did!  CLICK HERE

PIERRE Ė South Dakota resident landowners who missed the chance to send in for a regular West River deer, East River deer or West River antelope license should note that another license opportunity is still available.

"An opportunity for each season is available to resident landowners who have not been issued a regular license for one, two or all of these three seasons," said Game, Fish and Parks (GFP) Communications Manager Chuck Schlueter. "These licenses will be sent within 20 days of the opening of the respective season, and is valid only on a personís own land (land which they own, lease or rent). " The land in question must be within an open unit or a contiguous unit as described in the special landowner/operator application.

Resident landowners and one other qualifying family member (who have not received one of these licenses within 20 days of the opening of the respective season) are eligible.

Landowners can choose any license type that was available in the regular drawing for the unit in which their property is located. The reduced fees for landowners are $17.50 for an "any" license, $10 for an "antlerless" license, $25 for a two-tag license with an "any" option on one of the tags, and $15 for a two-tag antlerless license.

Detailed instructions are printed on the 2003 landowner/operator special deer/antelope application, which is available from GFP offices and the departmentís website at From there, click on the "print applications" link located under the subheading "popular shortcuts. Landowner/operator licenses are not available via the online application program.





Click Here To Return To The Previous Page

<%server.execute "/bottom.asp"%>