Bob Wise, Governor
“Roadsides in Bloom” WV Operation Wildflower 2004 Calendar Contest Entry Deadline October 1, 2003
The Divisions of Highways and Natural Resources invite the public to submit entries for the 2nd Annual WV Operation Wildflower 2004 “Roadsides in Bloom” calendar contest. The rules are:
• Photographs must be taken in West Virginia.
• Entries must be submitted as an 8" X 10" glossy color print. Photos must be landscape orientation. Vertical prints will not be accepted. Photographs become property of the state and cannot be returned.
• Flowers appearing in the photograph must be growing along a road which must appear in the picture. Wildflowers may be growing naturally along roadsides or in an Operation Wildflower donated site along an interstate highway. Cultivated species planted in arranged beds such as marigolds, pansies, etc. are not acceptable.
• A short description of the photo including location on an 8 1/2" X 11" sheet of paper must accompany the photo.
• Name, address, phone number and e-mail (if applicable) must appear in the upper left hand corner on the back of the photo.
• No more than three entries per person. Only one winning photographer will be selected from each photographer's entries.
• Open to all ages.
• Twelve winners will be selected to represent the months of the year. A grand prize winner will be chosen to appear on the calendar cover.
• The state reserves the right not to print the calendar if sufficient entries are not received.
For additional information please call 1 800 322-5530. Mail entries to:
Roadsides in Bloom Calendar Contest, WV Division of Natural Resources,
1900 Kanawha Blvd., E. , Bldg 3 - Room 732, Charleston, WV 25305
Employees of the DNR & DOH are not eligible to enter this contest.
Click Here To Return To The Previous Page