image linking to 100 Top Bass Fishing Sites image linking to 100 Top Saltwater Fishing Sites image linking to 100 Top Fly Fishing Sites image linking to 100 Top Walleye Sites image linking to 100 Top Small Game Sites image linking to 100 Top Birds and Waterfowl Sites
You are currently viewing the old OUTDOOR CENTRAL.COM website ARCHIVES.  For the latest in hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation related news, and an ALL NEW experience, including user friendly navigation, search capabilities, an Outdoor Central Video Network, and more, be sure to visit our NEW WEBSITE, located at    Visit the new, improved website, you'll be glad you did!  CLICK HERE
Hunters Asked to Report Banded Birds

North Dakota hunters are asked to report banded waterfowl taken during the 2003 season.

Hunters can report a duck or goose band by calling 1-800-327-BAND, or online at the U.S. Geological Survey's web site (click on Bird Banding Laboratory). Required information includes how, when, and where the bird was recovered, type of species, and the band number.

In addition, the Canadian Wildlife Service designed a web site to encourage public inquiry on collared lesser snow geese and Ross' geese. The web page is part of an international project aimed at conservation of Arctic geese and their habitat.

People who harvest neck-banded snow or Ross' geese in spring or fall, or observers who can identify numbers on neck bands, can report those numbers online at

Combined with birds collared in previous years, the Mid-Continent population probably has more than 30,000 snow and Ross' geese wearing neck bands.




Click Here To Return To The Previous Page

<%server.execute "/bottom.asp"%>